Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New Referral

Our friends from Julia's travel group in 2004 just got their referral of daughter #2. Her name is Madelyn Grace and she was born in Guangzhou Province. We had hoped to travel with them and tried to coordinate our paperwork for #2 when we started...obviously that didn't happen. The thing is that their paperwork was logged in on Feb 6, 2006. They were approximately 3 months behind us in the paperchase and wound up waiting a full year after us to get their referral! I am sooooo glad they now know what their baby girl looks like, where she is, and when they might be able to travel to bring her home. She was born on October 29, 2007....10 months old like Jenna was at referral time...wow!

If their journey goes anything like ours, it will be God-filled and joyous....a trip of a lifetime. I'm sure once they meet Madelyn they will know that she was intended to be their's from the moment she was conceived in her birth-mother's womb. What a blessing! I am so happy for them!!

On another note, a close friend of mine just started the paperwork for a domestic adoption! She has struggled with infertiliy for at least 5 years...I'm so happy that her journey to parenthood has some definates now...not as much sorrow and agony over infertiliy. Praise be to God!

No comments: