Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Life Goes On

Life continues in the Krueger household without news of Jenna. Rumors are abundant on ChinaAdoptTalk.com about a large batch of referrals in June...meaning we may be included or we may not. It's a roller coaster ride of emotions when you read online rumor mills and, for me especially, it is probably better not to read them at all. We will check in occasionally and then wait for actual facts when they are emailed to us from Great Wall. Things stay calmer that way!

Julia will finish her first year of preschool and Jacob will finish his first year of KINDERGARTEN in just a few weeks. Holidays and special days still come and go while we wait for news.

I had an interesting conversation with Julia a few weeks ago. It went something like this:

Me: You are going to be a good big sister to Jenna.
Julia: Yes, I am. (very proud of herself.)
Me: Jacob will be a good big brother too.
Julia: He will?!?! (looking at me like I'm nuts.)
Me: Yes, he will. You will both help me with Jenna, right?
Julia: Yes. Daddy too?
Me: Yes, Daddy too.
Julia: He will?!? (She is Daddy's girl...we think she won't want to "share" Daddy!)
Me: Yes, he will. Will you help me change Jenna's diapers?
Julia: NO!?!?!! That's too stinky!?!
Me: laughing hysterically and Julia joins in.

Later, when I retold the story to Daddy and Jacob, Jacob quickly replied, "I'll help you change her diapers, mom!" Sibling rivalry, you gotta love it!

The kids have kept the wait abundantly full of life and excitement. Even though it's been twice as long as we waited for Jacob and Julia it has gone pretty fast, with only a few low emotional moments. We are all ready to see Jenna's face and know exactly where she is in China.

So here we are, waiting for the Stork to arrive with referrals at Great Wall...

No comments: