Today we finalized the adoption at the Civil Affairs office and once again, we were first to jump through all the hoops. We met with an official of the Civil Affairs office in Guangxi and she asked us many questions, “Do you agree to adopt this baby? Will you love this baby? Will you never abandon or abuse this baby? Why do you want to adopt from
Also today we received a CD of information from the foster care program that sponsored Jenna’s foster care, Grace and Hope for Children (GHC). There are many pictures and written reports from each of the visits GHC made to the foster family. Here’s a tidbit we are willing to share for now. Jenna was in the care of an older couple, almost a grandparent type of situation, and was doted upon by their adult children. So Jenna is used to being the center of attention and getting what she wants when she wants it. This may be an uphill battle for her to get used to being one of 3 young children in a family that doesn’t totally spoil their kids.
On a side note, Jenna just quietly woke up from her afternoon nap and is just staring at us. We see the wheels turning in her head…I wonder what she is thinking. She is a noisy sleeper, while she slept through the night I woke up many times to hear her talking (grunting) in her sleep. I wonder what she dreams about…
Other than the grieving and constant fussiness Jenna is doing well. We didn’t take many pictures today so we have only posted a few of her foster family. Enjoy. Tomorrow we are off to the countryside to see beautiful Guangxi and will have many pictures from our trip to share then. For now, good night.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm reading your post and crying! My heart goes out to Jenna and I'm so excited for you! She's a beautifl Min girl!
Hey guys! It is great to be updated on Jenna's journey. I know it is a hard time for her to adjust and she will have many things to adjust to, but we will pray for her to sleep at night minus the fits! Pray for sweet sleep. Love Karen
Post a Comment